Introduction to Marxist-Humanist Initiative
Marxist-Humanist Initiative aims to contribute to the transformation of this capitalist world by projecting, developing, and concretizing the philosophy of Karl Marx (1818-1883) and its further development in the Marxist-Humanism articulated by Raya Dunayevskaya (1910-1987). We are not a political party. Nor are we trying to lead the masses, who will form their own organizations, and whose emancipation must be their own act. But we have seen that spontaneous actions alone are insufficient to usher in a new society. We seek a new unity of philosophy and organization in which mass movements striving for freedom lay hold of Marx’s philosophy of revolution and recreate society on its basis.
- Episode 35: Dunayevskaya on the Independence of the Black Struggle from the “General Class Struggle”
- Episode 34: Dunayevskaya on the “Vulgarization of Marxism” and Russian State-Capitalism
- Episode 33: Alternatives to Capitalism: What Happens After the Revolution?
- Episode 32: Making Marx Make Sense: The Early Years
- Episode 31: Marx’s Crisis Theory: New Spanish Defense