Introduction to Marxist-Humanist Initiative
Marxist-Humanist Initiative aims to contribute to the transformation of this capitalist world by projecting, developing, and concretizing the philosophy of Karl Marx (1818-1883) and its further development in the Marxist-Humanism articulated by Raya Dunayevskaya (1910-1987). We are not a political party. Nor are we trying to lead the masses, who will form their own organizations, and whose emancipation must be their own act. But we have seen that spontaneous actions alone are insufficient to usher in a new society. We seek a new unity of philosophy and organization in which mass movements striving for freedom lay hold of Marx’s philosophy of revolution and recreate society on its basis.
- On What Grounds Should We Defend Liberal Democracy?
- Marxist-Humanist Perspective on Capitalism and the Ecological Crisis
- Audio: “From Alpha to Omega” Episode on “Henryk Grossmann’s Breakdown Model”
- Rittenhouse Verdict: Vigilante Violence against BLM Goes Unpunished
- Drumbeat for Authoritarianism = Triple Threat to Civilization
- Episode 59: Capitalism and the Ecological Crisis
- Episode 58: Preparing for Constant Struggle Against Rising Authoritarianism and Continuing Chaos
- Episode 57: Rittenhouse Goes Unpunished; Arbery’s Murderers and Charlottesville Organizers Do Not
- Episode 56: Jacobin’s “Autopsy Report”: We Could Have Told Them So (and We Did)
- Episode 55: “Both Sides” Now: What’s Happened to the Alt-Right?