Introduction to Marxist-Humanist Initiative
Marxist-Humanist Initiative aims to contribute to the transformation of this capitalist world by projecting, developing, and concretizing the philosophy of Karl Marx (1818-1883) and its further development in the Marxist-Humanism articulated by Raya Dunayevskaya (1910-1987). We are not a political party. Nor are we trying to lead the masses, who will form their own organizations, and whose emancipation must be their own act. But we have seen that spontaneous actions alone are insufficient to usher in a new society. We seek a new unity of philosophy and organization in which mass movements striving for freedom lay hold of Marx’s philosophy of revolution and recreate society on its basis.
- MHI Statement: “Black Lives Matter” and the Vanguard Role of Black Masses Today
- Alternatives to Capitalism: What Happens After the Revolution?
- Once More on Value-Form: A Response to Albin
- Upcoming Study Group in Spanish on Reclaiming Marx’s “Capital”
- Nicaragua after the Hurricanes—Devastation Met by Politics
- Episode 40: COVID-19 Containment and the “Freedom-Loving” Backlash
- Episode 39: Michael Heinrich and F. H. Pitts’ Attempt to Eliminate Marx’s Crisis Theory
- Episode 38: Trump’s Base––Interview with David Norman Smith (Part 2)
- Episode 37: AOC’s Well-Being vs. Greenwald’s Sexist, Red-Brown Politics
- Episode 36: Trump’s Base––Interview with David Norman Smith (Part 1)