Episode 14: The New Game-Changing Inequality DatabaseAndrew thinks that a new “distributional national account,” unveiled this month by a U.S. government agency, is likely to soon change the ways in which we discuss and think about income inequality; Brendan finds out why. They also discuss how the government’s conclusions, and its approach to measuring income inequality, differ from those of Thomas Piketty and associates.
Plus: current-events segment on Trump’s dangerous peddling of a miracle cure for COVID-19 (the coronavirus).
Radio Free Humanity is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman, and sponsored by Marxist-Humanist Initiative (https://www.marxisthumanistinitiative.org/ ). [...]
WHAT IS RADIO FREE HUMANITY?
Radio Free Humanity is a podcast covering news, politics and philosophy from a Marxist-Humanist perspective. It is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman. We intend to release new episodes every two weeks. Radio Free Humanity is sponsored by MHI, but the views expressed by the co-hosts and guests of Radio Free Humanity are their own. They do not necessarily reflect the views and positions of MHI.
All Episodes of Radio Free Humanity
- Episode 14: The New Game-Changing Inequality Database
- Episode 13: The Tankie Craze, Part 2—Disillusioned Radical Youth Fighting Stalinism
- Episode 12: Inequality of Wealth in the U.S.
- Episode 11: Defending, and Transcending, Liberal Democracy
- Episode 10: Marx’s “Critique of the Gotha Program”
- Episode 9: The Tankie Craze––Resurgent Stalinism among Youth
- Episode 8: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 2
- Episode 7: Implications of the UK Elections
- Episode 6: The Uprising in Lebanon
- Episode 5: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 1
- Episode 4: Green New Deal–Interview with Brendan Cooney
- Episode 3: Brexit-Interview with Chris Gilligan
- Episode 2: Fighting White Nationalism
- Episode 1: Obama-Trump Voters