Episode 26: Dialogue with Patrick Murray on the Value-Form Paradigm, Part 2Continuation of the discussion with noted value-form theorist Patrick Murray. In response to the recent, two-part RFH discussion of the “value-form paradigm”––a Marx-inspired strand of political economy that focuses on the market––Patrick enters into an extended dialogue with the co-hosts, largely on the roles played by production and exchange in determining commodities’ values, and on whether the “co-constitutive” variant of value-form theory ultimately collapses into a more extreme version.
Plus: current-events segment on our attitudes to the Democratic Party and Jill-Stein voters, in response to a listener’s comments.
Radio Free Humanity is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman, and sponsored by Marxist-Humanist Initiative (https://www.marxisthumanistinitiative.org/ ).
WHAT IS RADIO FREE HUMANITY?
Radio Free Humanity is a podcast covering news, politics and philosophy from a Marxist-Humanist perspective. It is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman. We intend to release new episodes every two weeks. Radio Free Humanity is sponsored by MHI, but the views expressed by the co-hosts and guests of Radio Free Humanity are their own. They do not necessarily reflect the views and positions of MHI.
All Episodes of Radio Free Humanity
- Episode 26: Dialogue with Patrick Murray on the Value-Form Paradigm, Part 2 (9/13/2020)
- Episode 25: Dialogue with Patrick Murray on the Value-Form Paradigm, Part 1 (8/29/2020)
- Episode 24: Combating Tankie Denialism: Specialist in Soviet History Rebuts Grover Furr (8/14/2020)
- Episode 23: The Rise of the Extreme Right in Europe (7/31/2020)
- Episode 22: A Post-Capitalist Future––Not by Politics Alone (7/17/2020)
- Episode 21: Consigned to the Jaco-dustbin of History (7/3/2020)
- Episode 20: Cockshott versus Marx––Interview with “RV” (6/19/2020)
- Episode 19: Spanish Edition of “Reclaiming Marx’s ‘Capital’”––Interview with Translator (6/5/2020)
- Episode 18: The Value-Form Paradigm vs. Marx’s “Capital,” Part 2 (5/22/2020)
- Episode 17: The Value-Form Paradigm vs. Marx’s “Capital,” Part 1 (5/8/2020)
- Episode 16: Dunayevskaya’s Life and & Legacy––Interview with Anne Jaclard (4/24/2020)
- Episode 15: Dunayevskaya’s Revolutionary Interpretation of Hegel’s Dialectical Philosophy (4/12/2020)
- Episode 14: The New Game-Changing Inequality Database (3/28/2020)
- Episode 13: The Tankie Craze, Part 2—Disillusioned Radical Youth Fighting Stalinism (3/13/2020)
- Episode 12: Inequality of Wealth in the U.S. (2/28/2020)
- Episode 11: Defending, and Transcending, Liberal Democracy (2/14/2020)
- Episode 10: Marx’s “Critique of the Gotha Program” (2/1/2020)
- Episode 9: The Tankie Craze––Resurgent Stalinism among Youth (1/17/2020)
- Episode 8: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 2 (1/3/2020)
- Episode 7: Implications of the UK Elections (12/20/2019)
- Episode 6: The Uprising in Lebanon (12/6/2019)
- Episode 5: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 1 (11/22/2019)
- Episode 4: Green New Deal–Interview with Brendan Cooney (11/8/2019)
- Episode 3: Brexit-Interview with Chris Gilligan (10/25/2019)
- Episode 2: Fighting White Nationalism (10/11/2019)
- Episode 1: Obama-Trump Voters (9/26/2019)