Episode 29: Kenya’s Response to COVID-19 (contrasted to that of Trumpist USA)The co-hosts and Anne Jaclard interview Dr. Pauline Muchina, internationally recognized religious leader and native of Kenya’s Rift Valley Province. Although Kenya is much poorer than the US, and corruption remains rampant there, the death rate from COVID-19 in Kenya is only two percent of the US rate. Muchina accounts for this difference by discussing how the government, the public, and civil-society organizations have responded to the pandemic.
The current-events segment is on the impending US elections, with special emphasis on turnout mobilization and voter-suppression efforts in the key swing state of Pennsylvania.
Radio Free Humanity is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman, and sponsored by Marxist-Humanist Initiative (https://www.marxisthumanistinitiative.org/ ).
WHAT IS RADIO FREE HUMANITY?
Radio Free Humanity is a podcast covering news, politics and philosophy from a Marxist-Humanist perspective. It is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman. We intend to release new episodes every two weeks. Radio Free Humanity is sponsored by MHI, but the views expressed by the co-hosts and guests of Radio Free Humanity are their own. They do not necessarily reflect the views and positions of MHI.
All Episodes of Radio Free Humanity
- Episode 29: Kenya’s Response to COVID-19 (contrasted to that of Trumpist USA) (10/24/2020)
- Episode 28: Lebanon’s Protest Movement Since the Beirut Explosion (10/10/2020)
- Episode 27: Reading “American Civilization on Trial” in Costa Rica (9/26/2020)
- Episode 26: Dialogue with Patrick Murray on the Value-Form Paradigm, Part 2 (9/13/2020)
- Episode 25: Dialogue with Patrick Murray on the Value-Form Paradigm, Part 1 (8/29/2020)
- Episode 24: Combating Tankie Denialism: Specialist in Soviet History Rebuts Grover Furr (8/14/2020)
- Episode 23: The Rise of the Extreme Right in Europe (7/31/2020)
- Episode 22: A Post-Capitalist Future––Not by Politics Alone (7/17/2020)
- Episode 21: Consigned to the Jaco-dustbin of History (7/3/2020)
- Episode 20: Cockshott versus Marx––Interview with “RV” (6/19/2020)
- Episode 19: Spanish Edition of “Reclaiming Marx’s ‘Capital’”––Interview with Translator (6/5/2020)
- Episode 18: The Value-Form Paradigm vs. Marx’s “Capital,” Part 2 (5/22/2020)
- Episode 17: The Value-Form Paradigm vs. Marx’s “Capital,” Part 1 (5/8/2020)
- Episode 16: Dunayevskaya’s Life and & Legacy––Interview with Anne Jaclard (4/24/2020)
- Episode 15: Dunayevskaya’s Revolutionary Interpretation of Hegel’s Dialectical Philosophy (4/12/2020)
- Episode 14: The New Game-Changing Inequality Database (3/28/2020)
- Episode 13: The Tankie Craze, Part 2—Disillusioned Radical Youth Fighting Stalinism (3/13/2020)
- Episode 12: Inequality of Wealth in the U.S. (2/28/2020)
- Episode 11: Defending, and Transcending, Liberal Democracy (2/14/2020)
- Episode 10: Marx’s “Critique of the Gotha Program” (2/1/2020)
- Episode 9: The Tankie Craze––Resurgent Stalinism among Youth (1/17/2020)
- Episode 8: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 2 (1/3/2020)
- Episode 7: Implications of the UK Elections (12/20/2019)
- Episode 6: The Uprising in Lebanon (12/6/2019)
- Episode 5: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 1 (11/22/2019)
- Episode 4: Green New Deal–Interview with Brendan Cooney (11/8/2019)
- Episode 3: Brexit-Interview with Chris Gilligan (10/25/2019)
- Episode 2: Fighting White Nationalism (10/11/2019)
- Episode 1: Obama-Trump Voters (9/26/2019)