[Note added Jul. 6, 2017: A video of the panel and some of the papers are published here.]
Left Forum, the largest conference of left academics and activists in the U.S., will take place June 2-4 at John Jay College in NYC. MHI’s panel will discuss the causes, dangers and implications of those elements of the left that have been soft on Trump.
Confronting “Anti-Neoliberal Left” Collaboration
with Trumpism and the Far Right
Sunday, June 4
10:00 am–11:50 am, Room 1.87
Andrew Kliman, author of The Failure of Capitalist Production and Reclaiming Marx’s “Capital”
- The “Anti-Neoliberal Left” Narrative: Politically Dangerous and Factually Flawed
Brendan Cooney, blogs about Marx at http://kapitalism101.wordpress.com/
- Should the Left Put Forward its Own Populism?
Bill Weinberg, journalist, author, activist, blogs world news at CounterVortex.org
- Is Trump Really a Fascist?
Anne Jaclard, Marxist-Humanist Initiative, activist
- A New Feminism Infuses the Resistance
Ravi Bali, London housing activist
- What to Avoid in our Criticism of Liberalism